Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ultrasound

We had our last ultrasound yesterday. It was so awesome! I can't believe how much he has grown since the last time we saw him. Last time his whole body fit on the screen and this time only parts did like his head, belly, or back.

He has the cutest little face with chubby little cheeks. This is looking straight down on his face. You can see his eyes, nose, cheeks, and mouth.

We saw him rubbing his eyes and shaking his head as to tell us to leave him alone. He weighs about 7lbs 4oz...she said the machine usually estimates high and can be off by a half a pound. But it's good to know that he's going to be a good size baby. People keep telling me that I'm so small and how can I be giving birth in just that many weeks, so it had me paranoid that I was going to have a midget child. He's no midget! His measurements were great! He is still floating around in plenty of fluid and the placenta is holding up nicely. It starting to get calcifications on it which means that his lungs are maturing, so that is also a good sign.
He's getting down there nice and low and I'm dilated to a 1. I'm happy that I've made some sort of progress with all of the contractions I've been having. I know that it doesn't mean anything because I could give birth tomorrow or stay dilated to a 1 for weeks.
My parents finally came back from Africa so Rowan can come anytime he wants to now =)

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is so cool that your labor process has started! I cant wait to hear about your experience and see the pics of Rowan!