Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rowan's Deadline

So yesterday at the doctors he informed that I had two options, neither of which I would like (that is not something you want to hear)
Option A: Have a c section because he thinks the baby is too big which is why he hasn't dropped all the way yet.
Option B: Be induced on Saturday night with Cervadil to soften my cervix and then have pitocin started on Sunday.
Obviously I do not want to have a c section so I opted for the induction. My blood pressure was better yesterday but not great. I'm still at a 1 and 50% effaced. I'm a bit flustered with my doctor. I don't know how he can predict the baby is too big to come out when I haven't even made it to my due date yet and haven't even gone into labor. Derek was mad. We're feeling better after talking about it with each other and talking with our Doula.
We're doing everything we can to get my body prepared for the induction and possibly go into labor on its own. If my body isn't ready to go into labor the induction will fail and I will end up with a c section anyway.
I'm so glad that we decided to have a doula, as this will be a much harder labor than we had anticipated. Hopefully I'm wrong, but pitocin makes for much harder contractions.
I know that some people would love the idea of only having to go 1 day overdue, obviously I don't. I am however very excited to meet this sweet baby who has been living in me for the past 9 months! It's still hard to believe that I will not be pregnant this time next week...crazy! I just have to keep reminding myself that in the end we will have our baby here, it may not be the way I believe babies should come into the world, but he will be here none the less. I can't wait to see what he looks like and experience the joys of motherhood. I'm also so excited to see Derek as a dad. I know that he is going to be an AMAZING father to Rowan, he already is!
Last night Derek took me to get an hour long prenatal massage...it was heavenly. He takes such good care of me. It really helped me relax after a stressful day.
This is our last week before we become a family of 3 and I plan to cherish every minute of it.

No comments: