Thursday, June 11, 2009

The past week

We had our baby shower this past weekend and it was amazing! I'm too lazy to post pictures. So many of our friends and family came and we got so many wonderful gifts! Rowan is such a lucky boy to have so many people care about him. The shower turned out just the way we wanted. We had a BBQ with boys and girls invited. There was even a snow cone machine, I have a slight obsession with snow cones lately.
I've been working on getting the nursery organized. He has SO much stuff! It's fun to wash all of his clothes and blankets and put them in their places. We only have odds and ends left to buy and have plenty of gift cards to buy them with!
We might buy a car today...it's a Mazda 6. I love it. It has a leak that has to be fixed so if the guy will pay for it to get fixed then we will buy it. It's so nice that we are paying cash for the car so we won't have a car payment when the baby comes!
I'm loving this weather. Perfect pregnant girl weather. If it stayed like this all summer I would be happy, however I know the heat is bound to show up soon.
My parents leave for Africa next week...they don't come back until July 5th! I'm going to be so lonely, I talk to my mom a few times a day!
My doctor appointment went great yesterday. We finally gave our doctor our birth plan. He said it was all reasonable. I'm glad he approved of it, Derek was a bit concerned he wouldn't. We're not asking for crazy things...I don't want to be induced unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I think Rowan should choose his birthday, not me just because I'm sick of being pregnant. No pain medicine, I want to eat and drink throughout labor, no IV, want to walk around (another reason I don't want to be induced or have epidural, walking can shorten labor by 28%) don't cut the cord right away, examine baby while I'm holding him. I'm sure this is all so interesting. I have just learned SO much about giving birth and feel very passionate about it lately. This will be one of the biggest events of our lives and I want to be fully informed about all of our options. I want Rowan to have the best start to life as possible, he deserves it! I'm so excited to give birth to this precious boy!

No comments: