Thursday, April 2, 2009

16 weeks to go!

I hit the 24 week mark today! I like this week because it marks the week that if Rowan was born, he would have a chance of survival. It's a good feeling in a weird way. I in no means hope he comes early, but it's good to know he would have a chance if he did.
It also means only 16 weeks left until his due date! WOW! This pregnancy is just flying by.
We had our first birthing class last night. We are taking the Bradley Method class. It's a 12 week class that teaches everything from nutrition, exercises, natural child birth, to having a c-section. It will teach Derek to be my birthing coach too. Our instructor is really awesome and I'm excited that we have decided to use her as our Doula as well. We have homework every week that we get to do together which is fun. I feel really good about our decision to give birth naturally. I think we will both be very well prepared and not feel apprehensive about it at all. With all of the information I have read about the medicines used for pain or to induce birth I just don't feel comfortable using them as a first choice. I figure my body is meant to do this so I will give it a chance =)
After tomorrow I have the next 10 days off of work for Spring Break! I hope to get lots of baby stuff accomplished and start working on all the sewing we have to do.

No comments: