Saturday, August 23, 2008

Star Bright, Star Light

Last night we went to dinner at Red Robin with my family for Derek's birthday. After dinner we were trying to decide what we wanted to do in the evening. We decided that we wanted to go star gazing. So we came home and Derek researched where a good place to go would be. We ended up going about 30 miles north and 20 miles east of where we live. We went down a dirt road by some hay fields and parked. We put blankets and pillows on top of our car and started gazing. Derek started seeing so many shooting stars and I was so jealous. However, I soon started seeing some too. It was amazing how many stars we could see and we could even see the milky way! It was so beautiful. It was pretty windy and being next to a hay field made my eyes water A LOT so I sat in the car after an hour and looked out the window while Derek was on the roof. All of a sudden Derek got really excited and said he saw a giant red shooting star thing that exploded! How cool. I was a tad bit sad that I didn't see it.
All in all it was a great star gazing experience. It was the first time we had done it together but I think we'll be doing it plenty more.

No comments: