Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jack Johnson and The Oaks

On Monday, which was our first anniversary we went and saw Jack Johnson and USANA. We both really enjoy his music! We showed up without tickets and ended up getting two tickets for the price of one! One of the tickets we bought was a GA seat (not the grass), well the lady ended up not looking at our other ticket and gave us both wristbands for the 300 section! So needless to say we were pretty excited! He played all of our favorite songs. Derek really enjoyed seeing the piano player Zach because he's originally from the band ALO which is one of his favorites. Oh yeah before the concert we went and ate at Long Life Vegi House. It was delicious as always! Derek was so sweet and gave me a homemade card, pretty flowers, and an apron that I wanted for teaching!


At Long Life about to eat


See the red wristband =)

A nice man offered to take our picture

It's JACK!!!



My pretty flowers!

Tuesday was Derek's 25th birthday. We went to The Oaks up Ogden canyon for dinner. It's one of my favorite places that I used to always go to with my grandparents growing up, so it was fun to take him there. We had a really fun time and the drive was really pretty. He didn't want a cake, but instead wanted Lime Ricky Sherbet (we had it up in Lava). I thought it would be impossible to find but found it at the first store I went to! We ended up eating our frozen wedding cake on his birthday and it actually was pretty good...we were surprised!


I had a really yummy salad


Derek had this amazing spinach pasta filled with
cheese in an alfredo sauce with artichokes!

The birthday boy!


It ended up being a great 2 days!

No comments: