Friday, June 24, 2011

23 Months


One more month and he will be 24 months...2 years. This month has been so much fun and he seems to be turning into such a big boy!

All about Rowan:

-His Grandma (Derek's mom) came out to visit for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. We had so much fun visiting a lot of our favorite places and eating yummy food.
-Went on his first big boat ride. It was the Ferry that took us back from riding across the Golden Gate Bridge.
-Went to Gilroy Gardens for the first time and road lots of fun rides! He loves the rides and didn't get scared at all.
-He Loves to go swimming and got a new "floaty" that he loves to wear. I bet by next summer he will be swimming all by himself!
-Has been enjoying stroller rides again. He gets mad if we start to walk back home and will tell me to "go dat way" while pointing his finger in the chosen direction.
-Loves to play pretend with his toys.
-Has gotten really good at remembering his manners. When I tell him to use a nice voice (when he's whining) he will always say "please" and then whatever it is he wants me to do.
-Always says "please mama hold you please" when he wants to be held.
-When he wants me to go somewhere he says "please mama come"
-Has started saying "look" when he wants to see something such as: what's in the microwave, what's in my mug, in the freezer, etc.
-Learned how to do a push up.
-Is having a hard time going to sleep. Daddy is so patient with him though.
-Loves The Cat in the Hat. If you ask him who wrote it he says "dr. Euss"
-Has so many books memorized. If you start reading a sentence he will finish it. It's amazing. We will read a book once and the next time he already knows it. He can also do this with songs and nursery rhymes.
-Loves to pretend to read his books. He will say words that he knows are in the book and lay on the floor and read them.
-Talks about his friends all the time. He will ask to play with certain friends and he also knows which friends he doesn't care for so much :)
-He has started to throw a few more tantrums then he was last month. Usually when he wants a toy that somebody else has. He also has a hard time sharing any of his favorite toys. I'm glad it's just a stage.
-He know that we only throw balls and only jump on the floor.
-Will laugh at himself when he says something funny such as "Rowan eats dump trucks" then he will laugh and laugh.
-Loves to be tickled and will say "more tickle"
-Leaves the "s" sound off of a lot of words.
-Likes to pretend he's going to Hawaii to see Gigi and Meema
-Learned his full name. However, sometimes when you ask him what his full name is he will say "Papa Kevan Deviny"
-Will let me put sunscreen on his face without freaking out.
-Is still rear facing in his car seat
-Loves to pretend to be a baby and have me rock him in my arms. I love this as well.
-Says "I love you" without being prompted
-When he gives you big hugs he always makes an "ahh" sound
-Is definitely the cutest, smartest, silliest, 23 month old boy I have ever met!

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a little smartie! I can't believe that our babies are almost 2!

L.J. said...

I'm counting the days until you arrive. Memorial Day weekend was the BEST EVER!

MaLaCoiD said...

You forgot to mention his Shakespeare:
To Be or Not to Be- That is the Question

and he has this memorized:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be!
... it makes Grandma Cooky tear up every time.