Thursday, December 17, 2009

Funny Things

I wanted to write down some funny conversations I have had regarding Rowan in the past few weeks, so that I would remember them.

Place: Doctors Office
Receptionist: Oh my gosh! Is your baby wearing a WIG?
Me: Nope, that's his hair.
Receptionist: How old is he? That can't be his hair!
Me: It really is his hair and he's almost 5 months.
Me thinking to myself: Seriously, would I put a 5 months old in a wig...do they even make baby wigs???

Place: Same doctors office as above
Nurse: He is the cutest baby I have ever seen!
Me: Thanks.
Nurse: You better keep an eye on him so nobody takes him.
Me: Laugh
Nurse: No, really, somebody might steal him because he's so cute.
Me thinking to myself: oh great another thing to worry about.

Place: PCMC Eye doctor
Rowan has been laughing uncontrollably while the doctor shines a light in his eyes and makes funny noises.

Doctor: Do you guys have a living will?
Us: (a bit confused at this point) Umm, we have actually just been talking about this.
Doctor: Well, if you don't have anybody to take him if you both die I would be more than happy to.
Us: Laughing
Doctor: No really, I have three well adjusted kids already, my wife would LOVE this little guy. Our daughter is one and has NO hair. Maybe I should take a picture of him to show my wife, no she would be mad that he has more hair then our daughter.
Us: Well this is the first offer we've gotten, we'll think about it (just joking with him)
Doctor: Well, just so ya know the nurses are planning to kidnap him, but I thought I would go about it the legal way.
Us: Thanks

I love having a super adorably handsome baby! It makes for some funny conversations.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I would switch doctors offices!

L.J. said...

I thought for sure my sisters were going to steal him when they came to visit!

Of course I think he's the cutes baby EVER.